Volunteer Conduct Agreement
Thank you so much for joining Metro South’s group of dedicated volunteers working in our classrooms and at our collaborative sites.
Once you have reviewed the Volunteer Handbook, please sign the agreement below. Thank you for helping us to remain compliant with our program and district’s policies.
Noncompliance with Volunteer Policies and Guidelines and School District Policies as outlined in the Volunteer Handbook may result in dismissal. This includes demonstration of behavior inappropriate to working with students, staff, and other volunteers as follows:
- Insensitivity or disrespect toward others
- Use of offensive language or humor (sexist, racist, homophobic, obscene or prejudicial)
- Harassment (any behavior perceived as offensive, after being asked to stop)
- The use of suggestive statements and/or the making of advances that could be considered “suspicious” within a volunteer, student, and/or teacher relationship. These include and are not limited to: dating learners, sexual invitations, and/or the use of sexually implicit or explicit messages of any kind that cause the recipient to feel uncomfortable and unsafe in the relationship
- Threatening or disruptive behavior
Being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs
- The use of Metro South ABE facilities, computers, or student/staff interactions for personal financial gain and the use of Metro South ABE computers to access sexually explicit or pornographic content are prohibited